Protocols For In-Person Worship
The safety of our members and guests are of the
upmost importance to us. That’s why we
have developed protocols to allow a safe return to in-person worship. At the
same time, we recognize that not everyone will feel comfortable returning to
in-person worship, so we will continue live streaming so that whether you are
at home or in our building, you can fully participate in the worship
Here’s what you can expect when you visit
The Bethel Church for in-person worship:
Mask and Social Distancing
- Masks must be worn by all who enter TBC who are three years of age and older regardless of vaccination status. We encourage you to bring your own mask, but we will have masks available for those who do not have one.
- Social distancing is required throughout TBC. This applies to everyone except those within a family unit.
- Handshaking, hugging, and physical contact outside your family unit is strongly discouraged
In The Facility
- All members and guests must enter through the main entrance of the sanctuary.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the building, especially near entrances.
- All pew Bibles, envelopes, pens, pencils, and extra chairs have been removed from the sanctuary and lobby area.
- We have enhanced cleaning and disinfecting protocols in place to ensure that we maintain an environment that is as safe as possible for members and guests.
- Worship leaders and staff will wear masks and only remove them while speaking from the pulpit area.
- Vocal music will be pre-recorded in the sanctuary when other members and guests are not present, following appropriate social distancing and other safety protocols.
- Children’s church will be closed until further notice. The chapel will be available to accommodate parents or guardians with small children who become disruptive during service.
- Please continue to utilize our online giving platform for offerings. Offering baskets will be made available when exiting the sanctuary at the end of service in the event that you are unable to give online. Please only use this option when absolutely necessary.
After You Leave
- Member and guests will be directed to exit the sanctuary in an orderly fashion by the deacons and ushers immediately following the service. We kindly ask that you wait to be directed out of the sanctuary, so that we can ensure proper social distancing is maintained.
- Please do not congregate in the lobby or immediately outside of entrance/exit areas.
- If you test positive for COVID, please notify the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us at 305-235-7423.
- We will notify members in attendance and — to the best of our ability — help to notify those that were sitting around you or whom you might have come into close contact with while preserving your confidentiality.
- We may close for a period of time if a positive case is reported. Adjustments to our schedule will be communicated via our web site, text alerts, and social media. However, it is our intention to continue to live stream worship, even if members and visitors cannot attend worship in-person.
- If you have not already done so, please connect to our text alerts system by texting the phrase “seasonofthespirit (no quotes or spaces) to 55469. This is the primary method that will be used to communicate any changes, especially in emergency situations that impact in-person worship.
We understand that not
everyone will feel comfortable returning to worship in person. We are committed
to providing an environment that is safe for all staff, members, and guests who
decide to worship in person with us. Although
worship will be different in the ways described here and more, the God we
worship remains the same. If you need more information or have questions
regarding our COVID protocols for in person worship, please contact us at
305-235-7423 or email email@example.com.